A well-equipped center, team approach and understanding of multidisciplinary treatment are crucial for success in brain diseases that are common in the community. As Academy Hospital, we keep this understanding in the foreground and we serve you with our most competent cadres. Brain, Spinal Cord and Neural Surgery are rapidly developing with innovations in medical technology, and in parallel, more successful results can be obtained in diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis and treatment of brain and nervous system diseases seen in both adult and pediatric patient group are performed in Academy Hospital Brain and Neurosurgery Clinic. Advanced practices that require high technology and experience in the clinic can also be performed perfectly. At Akademi Hospital, high quality and safe medical services are provided with the equipment of world standards with the expert staff and technological infrastructure required by the complex surgeons.
The number of neurosurgeons is not so great because of the difficulty of branch education and practical application. Neurosurgery is looking for experience and it is considered the most demanding branch of medicine.
TREATMENT AND DİSEASES
- Tumors arising from the inside of the brain or spinal cord or causing problems by pressing it from the outside,
- Brain tissue or vessels feeding the spine aneurysm (ballooning)
- Arteriovenous malformation, such as cavernous disorders
- Stenosis of the jugular vein called carotid stenosis
- Disorders that occur during the birth of the nervous system, such as the meningomyelocele with birth, are the hydrocephalus, an increase in the amount of fluid in the cerebral parenchyma roughly, as well as the treatment of deformities in the congenital skull.
- All kinds of spinal diseases, especially the herniated disc (Lumbar disc disease)
- Head and spinal cord injuries,
- Any kind of compression, trauma and cuts of the limb nerves called peripheral nerve, surgical treatment of tumors
- Brain vein occlusions
- Brain bleeds
- Surgical treatment of certain psychiatric disorders such as neurological diseases such as severe epilepsy (epilepsy) and Parkinson’s disease and OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Surgical treatment of diseases such as trigeminal neuralgia, severe cancer pain, and tic disease (hemi facial spasm). (Functional neurosurgery)
- Especially in recent years, using “stereotactic radiosurgery” methods, bloodless, anesthesia-free treatment of the lesions, such as tumors and cerebral vascular diseases.